Plan-As-You-Go Business Planning
Business planning for the new world is about planning, not just the plan. This new approach, based on 30 years of Tim Berry’s work in the field, emphasizes planning for plan review, course correction and change. The heart of the plan is the strategy and the flesh and bones are the steps to take. Planning is for the company.
- Introduce the Plan-As-You-Go approach to business planning. The plan-as-you go business plan is quicker and easier and a lot more practical than the old fashioned ponderous formal "THE BUSINESS PLAN" that so many people fear and dread. It’s the beginning of business planning for the next generation; agile, efficient, and effective.
- Empower all faculties to use this new approach. Understand the key difference between the document-based business plan as hurdle mentality and the new conceptual plan-as-you-go planning, which is a process that leads to management. Understand the advantages.
- Be able to counsel and train students on this new approach. Reduce the fear. Help them to get going, start anywhere, and plan their businesses better.
- Better understanding of why the planning is a constant process, focused on managing the company and moving in the right directions, rather than the development of a one-time document.
- Development of college faculties to better help their students get started fast and start using planning process in a quick, practical way, and as soon as possible.
Sabrina Parsons, CEO, Palo Alto Software, OR
Kristen Langham, Manager of Business Development, Palo Alto Software, OR