Posted By Leah Deppert,
Wednesday, June 17, 2015
| Comments (0)
On April 20th, NACCE held a Presidents' breakfast at AACC's National Conference to discuss with our members how we can help you with the following issues:
Retention and Completion
Budget and Revenue
Below are the ideas that they came up with. What would you like to add? Tell us in the comments!
NACCE can help our college increase ENROLLMENT by:
- Making Connections: between members, institutions and thought leaders in higher education and entrepreneurship. What are the best practices nationally? How are colleges attracting international students? What member with a similar school and region is increasing enrollment?
- Story-Telling: helping colleges to tell their campus success stories and how entrepreneurship plays a vital role.
- Sharing and Teaching Best Practices to Increase Enrollment: educating members on how to create a start-up incubator, how to create a middle and high school summer institute, how to partner with co-working spaces, how to share a maker space, how to host a shark tank competition, how to grow your talent, connecting to industry.
NACCE can help our BUDGET & REVENUE by:
- Providing Messaging on Entrepreneurship: create messages for grant writers on the impact of entrepreneurship on campus and as part of a larger economic development strategy.
- Creating Leadership Training: empower & educate campus leaders on fostering an innovative culture.
- Curate Best Practices on Financial Models: how to cut programs that are losing money, how to ask for large donations, and how to generate alternate forms of revenue, etc.
NACCE can help our RETENTION & COMPLETION by:
- Fostering the Entrepreneurial Mindset: it's a crucial component of student success!
- Demonstrating Examples of Successful Community Partnerships: providing resources on engaging your small business development centers, best practices in engaging industry in work-based learning.
- Engage High Schools: Showcase best practices in aligning with high schools.