NACCE 2014 Student-Run Business Webinar
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Online / Pricing: Members $0 (must log in) Non-Members $59
Online registration is closed.
Webinar Pricing: Members $0 (must log in) Non-Members $59
This webinar provides information about one student-run business project. The NACCE2014, student-run business workshop will feature projects at four community colleges, as well as the student perspective.
This webinar will review:
Overview of Community Creations, SUNY Ulster’s Student-Run Business:
- What it is, role in Entrepreneurship program
- Embedded in curriculum – why
- Students conducted research on campus and wrote Business Plan
- Coleman Grant
- Grand-Opening, Nov. 2013
- First term of operations
Lessons learned at SUNY Ulster:
- What students learn (include student quotations)
- Key role of campus support
- The community wants to help and loves the project
- Tons of work for faculty
- Students need some direction then let them go!
- There will be problems that keep you up at night
- Period of reflection at the end of each term
- Students’ insight and recommendations
Presenter: Mindy Kole, Business Instructor and the Director of the Darlene L. Pfeiffer Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at SUNY Ulster.
Mindy Kole is an Assistant Professor of Business and the Director of the Darlene L. Pfeiffer Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at SUNY Ulster, teaching and developing curriculum in Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Management and Business Ethics. Mindy has presented her work, including development of a student-run business, at NACCE (National Association of Community College Entrepreneurship). She is currently studying for a PhD in Organizational Management and Management Education at Capella University.
« Go to Upcoming Event List