Guidelines & Checklists
Marketing Guidelines and Checklists
When hosting a NACCE Summit on your campus, preparation
and organization are the keys to success. The size and scope of your event will
dictate how many of the activities listed below need to be integrated into
Click Here to Download PDF
- Set up your record-keeping process and
create an event binder.
- Make sure NACCE has given you access to
your Summit SmartSheet.
- Work with NACCE to develop the budget,
timeline and event agenda.
- Recruit and secure local sponsors.
- Identify and invite speakers for host led
- Determine what materials and services you
will need from outside vendors.
- Do not forget food and beverages; room
set-up, including tables and chairs; photographer; signs, banners and
decorations; entertainment; and attendee giveaways.
- Set up monthly calls with your NACCE
- Recruit key stakeholders to participate on
your Summit planning committee.
- Call potential speakers to seek
- Touch base with local sponsors to update
them on your progress.
- Contact local sponsors to subsidize food
- Choose a caterer or volunteer to organize
the menu and food purchases.
- Determine food or catering selections;
provide caterers with a head count by the deadline.
- Determine transportation access.
- Finalize and print materials.
- Decide who will invite media and compile a
list of which outlets to target, complete with contact information.
- Determine audiovisual needs and make
arrangements with the event venue.
- Determine your social media strategy.
- Contact speakers to discuss their
presentations and ask if they need additional information or support, such as a
NACCE Summit Power Point Template (Contact NACCE liaison)
- Make a list of materials to be taken to the
- Make staff assignments (including
registration staff, note taker, audiovisual coordinator, speaker greeter, media
liaison) and explain duties to all staff members.
- Verify details regarding venue.
- Conduct a site walk through.
- Call reporters to encourage attendance.
- Finalize and print agenda and participant
- Touch base with speakers to make sure they
have the correct date and location of the event, as well as the time they are
expected to speak. Give speakers the name of a contact person who will greet
them upon arrival.
- Print name tags, if applicable.
- Verify with NACCE the details of the press
Before the Event
- Make sure all materials arrive at the
- Pack a "supply kit” with any miscellaneous
materials you may need (tape, scissors, stapler, pens, pencils, paper, phone
numbers or speakers, etc.)
- Determine a location for NACCE information
of the Event
- Arrive early and check that the location is
set up correctly and that audiovisual materials requested are available and
functioning. Check all microphones, projectors, audio equipments and computer
- Check the registration area. Make sure name
tags and supplies are plentiful.
- Plan to have staff members at registration
approximately an hour before the start of the event.
- Allow time for run-throughs if requested by
your speakers or others participating in the event.
- Make sure that directional signs are
- Distribute the press release.
- Conduct a wrap-up meeting with planning
committee, including a debrief on what worked well and what could be improved
for future events.
- Prepare a written summary and evaluation of
- Complete event binders and records.
- Make sure your NACCE liaison has invoices
to process payments.
- Contact organizations that attended the
event to discuss collaboration for future events and other activities.
- Send thank you cards and notes of appreciation
to committee members, volunteers, presenters, local sponsors, staff members and
- Send follow up emails to media that
attended and offer assistance with gathering more information.
Use of the NACCE Summit Series Logo
The NACCE Summit Series logo is for use exclusively
NACCE Summit Series host colleges for marketing of the event in print
materials, social media, website, etc.
Please read the term and conditions listed below.
Members Agree to the Following Terms and Conditions for Use of the NACCE Summit Series Logo:
The NACCE Summit logo must be included in
all Summit related materials, advertising, and event signage.
The NACCE Summit logo may link to the NACCE
home page, and to a Summit specific page on your schools official website. If
so, the NACCE Summit logo must include a link to NACCE’s official website.
The NACCE Summit logo must always be at least 1”x4” inches when being displayed in
print or on screen.
The NACCE Summit logo must appear at least 1/2” away from all other branding,
text, or graphics in the layout.
The NACCE Summit logo can be printed in
black ink or in its original colors. Altering the color scheme without
permission from NACCE is not permitted.
The NACCE Summit logo may not be used in connection with disparaging statements
about NACCE or NACCE products.
NACCE reserves the right to disallow any
use of the NACCE Summit logo
unauthorized use of the NACCE Summit logo may result in legal action.
any questions or concerns about the conditions listed above, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org