Event Details: July 27 - July 31
ST. LOUIS - The Center for Entrepreneurship at Saint Louis University's John Cook School of Business is looking for area high school students interested in small business and entrepreneurship to take part in Launch Your Independence: Learn to Be Your Own Boss, at the Allsup Summer Entrepreneurship Academy Monday, July 27-Friday, July 31.
The intensive, one-week program for teen entrepreneurs focuses on innovation as well as the practical steps needed to start a business. Student teams explore their creativity, learn the value of teamwork, meet new friends and have fun while learning what it takes to start a business and be your own boss. The cost of the program is $495. Scholarship assistance is available.
Activities at the Allsup Summer Entrepreneurship Academy include:
- A business plan competition with cash prizes
- Hands-on experiential learning
- Interaction with area entrepreneurs
- Real world business examples
- Team building exercises
- Family/international business case studies
- A tour of a local business incubator