An Open House will take place at 6 p.m., Monday, Jan. 7, at the InterAmerican Campus, 627 S.W. 27th Ave., Rm 401, Miami, where prospective students can meet instructors and partnering organizations.
The academy will offer non-credit classes through the School of Continuing Education and Professional Development at the InterAmerican Campus.
In addition to offering training in social entrepreneurship, social enterprises and socially responsible lifestyles and careers, SEA will offer students other benefits through its partnership with local social entrepreneurs and social enterprises, such as:
• Networking events with other students and local business owners and leaders in social enterprises and social entrepreneurship;
•Complimentary admission to a speaker series featuring local and national social entrepreneurs and held at various Miami venues;
• Internship and apprenticeship opportunities with related businesses, organizations and enterprises;
• Potential opportunity to pair with long-term mentors;
• An invitation to a business plan competition (awards will include free office space);
• Online profiles of graduates and their projects on a website created by SEA partners;
• Opportunities to connect with potential partners and investors in social ventures.
Classes for January include: Creating Your Livelihood: Planning a Career That Makes a Difference; Start a Socially Responsible/Green Business; Green & Socially Responsible Living 101; Greening Your Small/Medium-Sized Business (and Saving $); Marketing Your Green/Socially Responsible Business; Power of Persuasion: Behavior Change Theory for Green Businesses, Advocacy, Parenting.
Future classes include Socially Responsible Investing, Affordable Housing Development and Tactical Urbanism, among others. The cost for each class is $235.
IF YOU GO
WHAT: Social Entrepreneurship Academy Open House
WHEN: Monday, Jan. 7, 6 p.m.
WHERE: MDC InterAmerican Campus, 627 S.W. 27th Ave., Rm 401, Miami
COST: Each class is $235
CONTACT: Call Karina Johnson at 305-237-6587 or email
For more information about classes, contact Karina Johnson at 305-237-6587 or
. For information regarding all other aspects of SEA beyond the classes themselves, contact Corinna Moebius at 786-564-2662.