Student Entrepreneurship Essay Contest
The National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE) is sponsoring an essay contest to find out how entrepreneurship education at community colleges benefits students.
The winner of this essay contest will read their winning essay at NACCE2012, NACCE's 10th Annual Conference in Chicago, IL, October 7-10, 2012.
A $500 travel stipend, plus 2 night’s hotel expenses to attend the conference are part of the winnings.
To see samples from previous years, please visit the following link:
All essays must comply with the following contest rules:
- Essay submission must be received by September 18, 2012.
- Each contestant may submit only one essay.
- No literary form other than an essay will be accepted for judging.
- Contestant must be currently enrolled in a community college.
- Essay must be typed.
- The essay text is limited to a maximum of 500 words and a minimum of 400.
- Essay must reflect the contestant’s own research, writing and original thinking.
- Essay must have the following at the top of the first page submitted:
- Essay title
- Author’s name, age, address, telephone number and email address
- Faculty name, community college name, address, telephone number
- Additional essay pages must have the author’s name typed at the top right hand corner.
- Essays will become the property of the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship. The essays may be printed in educational publications and used in the future to promote the NACCE mission.
- Winner must attend conference.
Contestant must choose to write about one of the following four topics:
- "I want to start my own business because….”
- "I believe entrepreneurship can better communities because….”
- "I believe community colleges can help create more entrepreneurs by….”
- "The entrepreneur in my community I most admire and aspire to be like is…..”
For additional questions, please contact Amy Bouvier (email@example.com) or 413-306-3131 x301.
Applications are now closed.