Product Education Sessions
SUPPORTING SMALL BUSINESSES BY EFFECTIVELY TEACHING QUICKBOOKS
In this interactive workshop designed for faculty and trainers, attendees will explore how a small business can utilize QuickBooks to grow and expand its business potential, and will brush upon the various versions in order to better guide students/clients in selecting the best solution to start their business or to help them grow and expand. Additionally, participants will learn how to minimize data entry while maximizing reporting for financial success for the entrepreneur. Join Intuit’s “Supporting Small Businesses by Effectively Teaching QuickBooks”.
- Watch demonstrations of various versions of QuickBooks.
- Learn techniques to improve how you teach QuickBooks.
- Join the discussion on how to find out how QuickBooks can be integrated into your programs.
Jan Haugo, Intuit ProAdvisor, Jan Haugo & Associates
INTEGRATING HP LIFE E-LEARNING INTO YOUR CLASSROOM
HP LIFE e-Learning is a free, online training program for students, entrepreneurs, and small business owners to learn the IT and business skills needed to establish and grow a business. There are currently 25 self-paced, interactive course modules covering finance, operations, marketing, communications and other special topics. Available in seven languages, it is used by over 350,000 students, entrepreneurs and small business owners across the globe, and in community college classrooms like yours across the US. www.life-global.org/go/nacce.
- Watch a training demo.
- See how to use the program in the classroom.
- Join the discussion to find out how HP LIFE e-Learning can be integrated into face to face, hybrid and online courses.
Kim Norbuta, HP LIFE National Program Manager, OH
Kim Simons, Business Administration Coordinator, Madisonville Community College, KY
GOOD BYE BUSINESS PLAN, HELLO ACTION
It’s time for tools that are true to the way entrepreneurs think and work. “Few entrepreneurs like to write business plans, and fewer like to read them. Those who write them anyway, rarely use them, and those who read them anyway, rarely believe them!” In this workshop, David Madié will present the GrowthWheel® Toolbox and will share ideas for helping entrepreneurs make decisions and take action. GrowthWheel is used by more than 1.400 certified business advisors, incubator manager and incubators in 29 US states and 26 countries around the world.
- How to get a 360 perspective for the counselor and the entrepreneur
- How to get from conversation to decisions and actions
- How to empower the entrepreneur to do the work
David Madié, Founder and CEO, GrowthWheel
ICE HOUSE: REDEFINING ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATION
Entrepreneurship is a mindset and in today’s world it’s a mindset everyone needs. The Ice House Entrepreneurship Program is an experiential problem-based learning program designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset and the unlimited opportunities it can provide. The program provides a comprehensive framework for understanding and implementing an entrepreneurial mindset, regardless of one’s chosen path.
- What is an entrepreneurial mindset?
- In the classroom: Sneak peek at Ice House Entrepreneurs as well as Opportunity Discovery Canvas and Process
- Learn Implementation strategies & how Ice House can impact your students, faculty, and community.
Jason Campbell, Chief Operating Officer, The Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative, OH
Joanie Weber, Training & Services Manager, The Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative, OH