Thank you for your interest in entering our elevator grant competition, "3 Minutes to Win It"!
3 Minutes to Win It is a funding competition hosted by NACCE and the Coleman Foundation for community colleges, based on 3-minute video elevator pitches about engaging with alumni entrepreneurs.
All submissions are due by 12pm EST on March 30, 2012. Incomplete and late entries
will NOT be accepted. Judges will choose five colleges with the best 3-minute videos to earn cash awards. Winners will be announced the first week of May 2012.
While the competition is open to any community college, winners must have a current membership with NACCE. Non-member winners will earn one year of NACCE membership ($750 NACCE membership fee deducted from their total winnings). Individual members will earn a
membership upgrade (with the remaining membership fee difference
deducted from their total winnings). Community colleges from the U.S., Canada and all other countries are eligible to enter.
Videos from the five winning colleges will be posted on the NACCE website when the cash awards are announced.
To enter the 3 Minutes to Win It competition, follow the steps below:
- Make your video pitch. Note: Make sure that your entry is original and something that has not been published before. No profanity or inappropriate content allowed. The video should not exceed 3 minutes.
- Upload your video to YouTube. Include a title for your pitch, and indicate that your video is for the 3 Minutes to Win It competition. This should also be mentioned in the description. For details on how to upload a video, check out this support page and video tutorial.
- Fill out the form below.
That's all there is to it! Good luck!
NOTE: This competition is now CLOSED for entries.
Official Entry Form
Limit one entry per college. All videos should be uploaded to YouTube. Please read the Consent and Release form and sign it. Submissions without this form will be disregarded. This competition runs from February 1-March 30, 2012.
The following components are required for each video submission:
- Contact Information
- Brief Biography of Yourself
- Photo of Yourself (please attach a high resolution JPEG image)
- Signed Consent and Release Form (download it here and attach)
- 3-Minute Video Submission Link
Review your submission carefully before sending it in! If you have any concerns or questions about the competition or the submission process, email email@example.com.