DSEF/NACCE Direct Selling Entrepreneur Certificate Program
Request for Proposal: Curriculum Technical Expert/Project Manager
The Project: The Direct Selling Entrepreneur Certificate Program, a partnership project of the Direct Selling Education Foundation and the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship, is a non-credit, direct selling curriculum and certificate program for community colleges.
The Purpose: The purpose of this program is twofold: (1) to address the educational gap for new and would-be direct sellers by providing them with a complete entrepreneurial skill set, including knowledge of marketing, time management, and finances, and (2) to increase the options of entrepreneurial educational programs offered at community colleges to enhance economic development.
Project Objectives: DSEF and NACCE together have these objectives for the project:
a. Improving sales force retention in Direct Selling Association member companies;
b. Providing tools to help program participants focus additional attention on the business components of their efforts;
c. Developing and disseminating educational materials that provide a public service and are affordable, accessible and easy to use;
d. Generating an appropriate financial return for DSEF and NACCE to compensate for the cost of program development and delivery;
e. Increasing positive awareness of direct selling by professionalizing the direct selling entrepreneur with education, certification, and third-party validation from publicly-funded community colleges.
The partnering organizations envision a long-term project having two initial components:
A. A workshop session designed to provide information on direct selling to help participants answer the question, "Is Direct Selling for Me?” This workshop could be delivered in one, three or four-hour sessions on site at selected institutions. A direct selling trade show can accompany this program as an experiential learning module.
B. A high quality instructional program. The characteristics of this program may include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. A content-driven learning program of modules that would be delivered on site and whose delivery methodology is dependent upon the yet to be determined channels of program distribution. These modules could include materials and session plans for onsite lectures, facilitated discussions, activities, readings, group work and learning assessments.
2. Online materials that could be synchronous or asynchronous with a variety of components including webinars, video and audio clips, readings, activities and learning assessments.
3. A blended learning approach that combines the onsite methodologies with an online component.
4. A leadership curriculum embedded in the program as a component of self-efficacy.
- Curriculum Development
- Introduce and Launch Program
- Develop and execute program marketing plan (NACCE members and DSEF stakeholders)
- Database design, development, implementation
- Pilot program with NACCE members (with data collection)
- Create training opportunities at conferences including (NACCE 2011, 2012 conferences)
Duties and Deliverables
- Manage the process of completing Project parts A and B
- Manager and Coordinator for curriculum development team
- Coordinator and liaison in gathering curriculum materials
- Supervision of database design
- Determining and collecting research for curriculum design
- Consultant on marketing strategy
- Other duties as negotiated
Qualifications and Experience
- Advance degree in higher education curriculum development
- Curriculum development for community college market
- Business planning of a curriculum product for market distribution
- Knowledge and experience using technology for online and blended teaching vehicles
- Knowledge and experience with project-related research, data collection, and database design using academically or market-accepted research methodologies.
Based on experience; terms are negotiable.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to DSEF Program Director Robin Diamond by email at email@example.com or by fax to (202) 452-9015 by December 8, 2010.