NEW: Member Driven Preconferences
This year we are co-creating the conference with our members. We polled members to determine what challenges they expect to solve at conference. This year’s How-To-Get-It-Done preconferences are based on the results of that survey.
Full Day Preconference Workshop
|| Super Early Bird
|| April 15-July 31, 2015
|| August 1-31, 2015
Launch Startups, Generate Revenue and Support Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners with the E-seed™ Entrepreneurship Training Series
In this interactive, how-to session with Amy Pietsch, Director, Fox Valley Technical College Venture Center, you will learn how to use the E-seed™ Entrepreneur Training Series to drive economic development in your service area, via entrepreneur and small business startups and expansions, while generating revenue for your center/incubator/program.
We believe entrepreneurs are the heroes of our time. We need at least 1 million of these heroes to launch businesses in the U.S. each year, in order to have a dynamic, robust economy (Clifton, 2011). Today about half that amount are launching a new business in the U.S. It’s time to reignite the American Dream of entrepreneurship and business ownership throughout the U.S.
We live in an innovation economy where Main Street intersects with Wall Street and entrepreneurs are the unique individuals who can find the opportunity at the intersection. In order for them to flourish they need fertile ground, a strong, connected, entrepreneur eco-system and access to resources. We have witnessed, first-hand, the positive economic impact in a region when the environment for entrepreneurs and business owners is cultivated via education, training, connecting and support. The E-seed Entrepreneurship Training Series launched by Fox Valley Technical College in 2000, has resulted in hundreds of business launches, millions of dollars of investment and thousands of jobs created! The experience has revealed that designing an environment for entrepreneurs and business owners to take root and grow is an economic development strategy that works.
We’re sharing E-seed with you. JOIN US to learn about E-seed and how this dynamic, training series will enhance your approach to entrepreneurship and small business training!
You will learn:
- How to cultivate and support entrepreneurs and small business owners in your community.
- How entrepreneurship and small business development drives your regional economy.
- How to stimulate and harness community-wide support for your entrepreneurship and small business training series/program.
- How to successfully market E-seed and generate revenue to support your efforts.
- How to facilitate, deliver and maximize the E-seed curriculum.
- How to measure impact with stakeholders.
- And much, much, more!
The Workshop Includes:
- Examples, insight and resources for creating an across-the-community approach to entrepreneurship and small business start-up and growth.
- Review of supporting E-seed curriculum and tools including Syllabus, Learning Plans, Text, Business Building Tool, and Online Materials for the 10-week E-seed course. All sessions are mapped out and pre-planned—you just apply your own market information.
- Business model activity designed to identify your best customers while driving sales for your college/organization.
- One Instructor and participant manual/workbook with classroom management outlines to use during workshop.
- Professional Expert Guest Speakers with Q & A sessions.
- Review of E-seed marketing materials including the e-seed brand identity for co-branded use, communications templates, marketing tactics, and ideas that work!
Amy Pietsch, Director, Fox Valley Technical College Venture Center
Autumn Hill, Adjunct Faculty, Fox Valley Technical College Venture Center
Audience: Entrepreneurship and Small Business Center/Incubator Deans and Directors, Entrepreneurship and Small Business Trainers, Faculty and Mentors, Economic and Workforce Development Administrators, Deans and Directors