Be Recognized Nationally for Entrepreneurship!
NACCE is launching a National Competition for member Community Colleges
to Demonstrate Entrepreneurial Excellence
Several years ago, NACCE implemented a President’s for Entrepreneurship Pledge (PFEP) as a way of igniting positive change across campus and in the classroom. In 2015, the PFEP was validated through an independent study as an effective leadership method.
In 2017, we are inviting NACCE member colleges that have signed the PFEP to self-nominate as a college of excellence in one of the five steps to advance entrepreneurship in their communities:
- Create or Expand Internal & External Teams Dedicated to Entrepreneurship
- Increase Entrepreneurs' Engagement in Community Colleges
- Engage in Industry Cluster Development
- Leverage Both Community College and Community Assets to Spur Innovation and Job Creation
- Create Buzz and Broad Exposure of your College's Commitment to Entrepreneurship
Reasons to participate
• If you are doing innovative work you deserve to be recognized. Your board, faculty and students across the country need to know what you are doing.
• Enhance your credibility and that of your school’s to document success for accreditation reports and to attract investment in entrepreneurship in your local community.
• Create valuable content that will be helpful to your college in student enrollment and fundraising efforts.
• Leadership... NACCE will document what you are doing as part of our best-practice examples. We will then share it with community colleges nationwide as an example of what leading schools are doing right now.
Winners will receive the following recognition:
- Announced at the NACCE Board Breakfast by the NACCE Board
- Recognized in a press release detailing the winners and their contributions
- Included in an article in the Spring/Summer issue of the Community College Entrepreneurship journal
- Highlighted as innovators and leaders in our social media
- Identified as subject matter experts and sought out by NACCE as a resource in future articles, events, etc.
|1. NACCE Membership
|If you are not a NACCE member you are missing out! Please take a
few minutes to learn more about the benefits of membership and
how easy it is to sign up.
|2. Sign the PFEP Pledge
|Participants also need to be current PFEP Pledge signers. PFEP
(Presidents for Entrepreneurship Pledge) is a commitment by
your college to advance entrepreneurship in your community.
Click the button to learn more.
This is a self-nomination process so let us know what YOU are doing and we will get the news out! Submit your nomination and be recognized!
Once you sign up, we will follow up with a short interview to gather the appropriate details. It's easy and there is no cost - just a great chance to get the good news out about what is happening at your school!
Nominations will be reviewed during the month of February and finalists in each category will be notified by March 10, 2017. Winners and recognition awards will be announced and presented at the NACCE Board Breakfast at the AACC Conference.
- Participants will choose one of the 5 categories of activity and may submit a single nomination
- Participant understands that the purpose of this program is to promote the work being done at NACCE member campuses. Therefore NACCE will have the right to use (as they see fit) the materials and program information provided as part of the Award Program. This includes but is not limited to documents, recording, transcriptions of interviews, etc.