Tallahassee Community College's District Board of Trustees announce the search for
P R E S I D E N T
Tallahassee Community College, Tallahassee, Florida, invites nominations and applications for the position of President. The President is the chief executive officer of the College and reports to a seven-member Board appointed by the Governor.
The successful candidate will perform functions consistent with Florida Statutes requirements and will ensure that the College complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. The President will implement the goals and policies of the Board, have a vision for shared governance, possess excellent public relations skills to serve as chief spokesperson for the College and raise funds from both the private and public sectors.
Since 1966, Tallahassee Community College has grown to become one of the state's largest producers of Associate in Arts degrees and has an operating budget of approximately $60 million. TCC serves more than 45,000 students annually from a service district comprised of Leon, Gadsden and Wakulla counties as well as enrolls students from across the state, nation and abroad. The College plays a major role in workforce development training in the tri-county area and is committed to serving students through a variety of instructional methods to ensure student success.
Credentials & Experience
• An advanced degree from an accredited institution is required; a terminal degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
• Senior level executive leadership experience is required.
The Board of Trustees is seeking a highly energetic, creative, and ethical leader who possesses most of the following skills and characteristics….
- Servant leader who understands and respects the culture, values and goals of Tallahassee Community College and its mission as a comprehensive community college;
- Experience with college organization and long range planning;
- Ability to make tough decisions;
- Proven ability to work effectively with a governing board;
- Strong spirit of entrepreneurship;
- Familiarity with the Florida Sunshine Law.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills and commitment to keeping the campus community well informed regarding decisions that affect them.
- Willingness to maintain and expand the College's programs and international education;
Commitment to students, faculty and staff
A record of interest in and an understanding of the teaching and learning process in a community college;
- Committed to equal access and opportunity for all students and employees;
- Committed to the professional development of all employees;
The Application Process
Complete application materials consists of the following:
• A concise letter from the applicant stating how the applicant meets the necessary skills and characteristics listed at http://www.president.tcc.fl.edu/
• A current resume including phone numbers, home and e-mail address.
• The names and contact information for five references.
Review of Applications
Begins on August 10, 2010 and will continue until filled.
The entire presidential search process is subject to the Florida Sunshine Amendment, Article II, Section 8, Florida Constitution. All materials in the application will be made available to the public upon request. TCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Submit questions, nominations and application materials electronically to:
PresidentialSearch@tcc.fl.edu or call (850) 510-5115
Dr. Jeff Hockaday is serving as consultant and can be reached at email@example.com or (919) 718-9812
For additional requirements, including a complete description of the application process, visit http://president.tcc.fl.edu/