NACCE is pleased to announce that we have been awarded a grant by the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation to support entrepreneurs in skilled trades! The grant will be used to host the 2019 Pitch Competition for the Trades which will take place at our annual conference, NACCE 2019 Entrepreneurship Explorations in Newport Beach, CA, on Tuesday, October 15.
Philip E. & Carole R.
The overarching goal of this competition is to foster job creation for the trades. We want to help provide resources to our members that will support their students.
APPLY TO COMPETE
Want to use LivePlan to support your pitch? Click here.
100% FREE - OPPORTUNITY TO PITCH - UP TO $75,000 TO BE AWARDED - TRIP TO COEUR D'ALENE
Benefits of Participating:
- The top 10 teams will have the opportunity to win up to $25,000. Overall, we will award up to $75,000.
- In addition to individual awards for winning colleges, each school will receive a $1,250 stipend to pay for a representative from their institution to attend NACCE’s make/SHIFT 2.0 conference June 3-5, 2020 at North Idaho College in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
- All participating schools will be recognized in NACCE's journal Community College Entrepreneurship and on social media.
Timeline of Competition:
- September 5 - Application Opens - APPLY HERE
- September 11 - Informational Webinar about Competition - REGISTER HERE
- October 2 - Application Closes
- October 9 - Top 10 Teams are Announced
- October 15 - Pitch Competition Takes Place at NACCE 2019 in Newport Beach, CA
- Each team will have 3 minutes to pitch their business idea to a panel of judges. Specific criteria will be given. Conference attendees will also have the availability to vote for their favorite pitch.
- Winners will be announced that evening. Colleges can win up to $25,000 each for a total of $75,000.
Informational Webinar on this Pitch Competition
Questions? Contact Project Consultant, Theresa MacLennan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome input and feedback as this is our first year hosting this competition. Please send your comments to email@example.com.