For more information regarding the history of NACCE, facts about community colleges or media information, visit the Press Kit.
Creating economic vitality through entrepreneurship
To create a community college culture that fosters economic vitality through entrepreneurship
NACCE believes applying the entrepreneurial method* (acting like an entrepreneur) is the pathway for advancing economic growth and prosperity for individuals, communities, and the nation as a whole.
- We believe the entrepreneurial method provides a strategic approach for growing and retaining students, diversifying resources, and leveraging state, federal, and philanthropic dollars;
- We believe that applying the entrepreneurial method enables presidents to take well measured, calculated risks thereby increasing their positive impact on both their community and their institutions financial position;
- We believe community colleges are ideally positioned to further entrepreneurship based on their accessibility and local ties to their communities;
- We believe in the collective power of the community college network to promote entrepreneurship, which embodies hope, optimism, future thinking and calculated risk taking;
- We believe community colleges are the connectors in communities allowing them to integrate entrepreneurship as a core value to all they serve;
- We believe community colleges must link their traditional workforce development role with entrepreneurial development; and
- We believe expanding entrepreneurship into education is imperative as we build and rebuild our economy.
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
We will work with stakeholders (policy makers, advocates for entrepreneurship, and entrepreneurs) to inform, amplify and influence the commitment of community colleges to an entrepreneurial approach in operating, in educating their students, and working with their communities.
- RESOURCE PROVIDER
We will provide the resources and platform needed for supportive communities of practice to promote knowledge sharing, outcome tracking, and awareness of entrepreneurial community colleges and the students and communities they serve.
- RECOGNITION AND CELEBRATION
We will incent, recognize, promote, and celebrate the successful impact of entrepreneurial colleges, their students, and their communities.
* Based on principles derived from research by Dr. Saras Sarasvathy