Presidents for Entrepreneurship Pledge
Press Release Archive
Community College Movement
Presidents Who Have Signed On
What Is the Presidents for Entrepreneurship Pledge?
PFEP Presidents at the White House in Washington D.C, October 2012.
Presidents for Entrepreneurship Pledge is a select group of innovative community college presidents across the country, committed to helping individuals and families achieve their personal and business dreams. It’s clear that new businesses are the key to job creation now, and in the future.
Our goal is to ensure that community colleges are involved in one of the most profound discussions in the nation. There are three reasons why this is important:
- Expanding entrepreneurship is imperative to rebuilding our fragile economy.
- Community colleges are ideally positioned to lead in furthering entrepreneurship based on accessibility, strong ties to local communities, affordability, and diversity of student population.
- Moving beyond the traditional role of workforce development, community colleges can support local economic development with a unique brand of business-building insights.
Have You become a leader of this movement yet? Join today!
5 Commitments at a Glance
There are five commitments we believe are crucial for community colleges to advance entrepreneurship in their communities:
- Create or Expand Internal & External Teams Dedicated to Entrepreneurship
- Increase Entrepreneurs' Engagement in Community Colleges
- Engage in Industry Cluster Development
- Leverage Both Community College and Community Assets to Spur Innovation and Job Creation
- Create Buzz and Broad Exposure of your College's Commitment to Entrepreneurship
Ready to Commit?
Join us in this movement! Email NACCE Executive Director, Heather Van Sickle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When emailing, simply enter the subject line "Presidents Pledge Accepted." This will secure your place in the forum.
Your name and college will be included in an official record as joining NACCE, the White House, Startup America and ACCT to help America’s economy develop and grow. You will also receive a link to download our whitepaper, Community College Entrepreneurship: The Innovators and Influencers.
Make sure to check out out NACCE’s Quick Start Guides, an Essential Practice series that can help you deliver the commitments and start up successful programs at your school!