Join us January 6-11, 2020 for the Manodharma Program in Global Engagement in India!
Are you interested in creating a scalable pilot project in India for your institution?
Join us for this immersive trip with Professor Raj Rajagopal, Founder of Manodharma. The goal of this program is to bring together a group of entrepreneurially-driven leaders representing educational institutions in the US and India for co-creating pilot projects with potential for impact at scale.
Founded by Professor Emeritus Raj Rajagopal of the University of Iowa, Manodharma leverages many of the best practices developed while creating and leading the University of Iowa's award-winning faculty-led student abroad program (called India Winterium). Over the last 13 years, the program has taken over 1,400 students and educators to India from across the campus, winning the prestigious Andrew Heiskell Award in 2016 for excellence in international education. Learn more about Manodharma here: https://www.manodharma.org/about
"This was a moving and powerful experience that immersed each of us in the varied and amazing social entrepreneurial activities of India. It also allowed us to explore potential partnerships with these entities to engage our students in their meaningful, important, and life-changing work. I have no doubt that several of these will become a reality. I came away from this trip changed for the better, as did my College."
-DR. MARK H ERICKSON, PRESIDENT OF NORTHAMPTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE, PA
Who should apply?
- You must be an active NACCE member to apply.
- You must be a leader within your institution. We are looking for presidents to apply.
- The travel grants are intended to promote US-India engagement.
Highlights of the program include:
- Understand the scope and capacity of the Indian education market through a thoughtfully curated program that is culturally sound, socially impactful, and outcome-driven.
- Access to high quality briefing reports
- Ideas to internationalize your campus
- Interact and network with some of the very best entrepreneurs of India who have scaled their efforts and revolutionized the social sector in education, urban & rural healthcare, housing, hospitality, and more!
- Program Cities include Chennai and Bangalore, India
- Must be a community college president
- Registration fee: $3,000
- Participants should plan on departing the US for India on January 3, 2020 & depart India back to the US on January 12, 2020
- Mandatory attendance at two orientation sessions prior to departure
- Mandatory participation in one survey prior to departure
- All participants will be required to deliver a 20-minute presentation highlighting their major strengths and aspirations for a collaborative future with India.
Applications will open at the end of October 2019.