Manodharma's Global Engagement Grant Program
Are you interested in creating a scalable pilot project in India for your institution?
Join us for one of these immersive retreats with Professor Raj Rajagopal, Founder of Manodharma. The goal of this first-of-a-kind program is to bring together a group of entrepreneurially driven leaders representing educational and nonprofit institutions in the US and India for co-creating pilot projects with potential for impact at scale.
Founded by Professor Emeritus Raj Rajagopal of the University of Iowa, Manodharma leverages many of the best practices developed while creating and leading the University of Iowa's award-winning faculty-led student abroad program (called India Winterium). Over the last 13 years, the program has taken over 1,400 students and educators to India from across the campus, winning the prestigious Andrew Heiskell Award in 2016 for excellence in international education. Learn more about Manodharma here: https://www.manodharma.org/about
"This was a moving and powerful experience that immersed each of us in the varied and amazing social entrepreneurial activities of India. It also allowed us to explore potential partnerships with these entities to engage our students in their meaningful, important, and life-changing work. I have no doubt that several of these will become a reality. I came away from this trip changed for the better, as did my College."
-DR. MARK H ERICKSON, PRESIDENT OF NORTHAMPTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE, PA
Who should apply?
- You must be an active NACCE member to apply.
- You must be a leader within your institution. We are looking for presidents to apply.
- The travel grants are intended to promote US-India engagement.
Highlights of the program include:
- Understand the scope and capacity of the Indian education market through a thoughtfully curated program that is culturally sound, socially impactful, and outcome-driven.
- Access to 5-6 high quality briefing reports
- Ideas to internationalize your campus
- Interact and network with some of the very best entrepreneurs of India who have scaled their efforts and revolutionized the social sector in education, urban & rural healthcare, housing, hospitality and more!
- Program Cities include 1-2 from the following: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Hyderabad, Pondicherry and Pune, India
- Must be a team of 2-4 headed by a President of a NACCE institution
- Registration fee: $3,000/person
- Participants should plan on departing the United States for India two days prior to start-date and depart India for the United States on the day after the end-date of the chosen program
- Participate in two orientation sessions prior to departure & acceptance into the program
- All participating institutions will be required to deliver a 15-minute presentation highlighting their strategic priorities and aspirations for a collaborative future with India.
- For each retreat, registration is limited to 5-6 institutions with 3-4 participants from each.