Become Trained in Design for Delight (D4D)
In Partnership with Intuit
What is Design for Delight? Design for Delight is Intuit’s version of design thinking that leverages 3 core principles - Deep Customer Empathy, Go Broad to Go Narrow, and Rapid Experiments - to support creative problem solving. The goal of Design for Delight is to help teams be bold, identify big unsolved problems, gain empathy, run quick experiments with actual customers, test assumptions, and pivot if needed. Learn more about Design for Delight here.
How can I become trained in Design for Delight? Join us for an upcoming Design for Delight Virtual Training! During this training, you will:
- Learn/review the principles of design thinking
- Engage in Design for Delight through multiple exercises
- Find ways to incorporate Design for Delight in your profession, classroom and college
This training is a mixture of synchronous (hour-long weekly live webinars - optional but highly encouraged) and asynchronous online education via NovoEd platform. This training does include a digital badge.
In order to earn the Intuit Design Thinking Innovator badge, you will be required to:
- Complete asynchronous learning via self-paced NovoEd modules
- Submit a short project plan of how you plan to incorporate D4D in the upcoming semester with at least 20 students
- Participate in one check-in call
- Submit one discussion post on NACCE Meets
Upon completion of the above activities, you will earn your Intuit Design Thinking Innovator badge! Join us!