Below is a list of our current and past winners for NACCE's signature awards. NACCE's awards are standards of excellence and are only given to colleges and individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to entrepreneurship and taken steps to advance entrepreneurship in their college and community.
PFEP College of Excellence Award
Several years ago, NACCE implemented the President’s for Entrepreneurship Pledge (PFEP) as a way of igniting positive change across campus and in the classroom. In 2015, the PFEP was validated through an independent study as an effective leadership method. For the past three years, we have recognized 15 schools with PFEP College of Excellence Awards according to the five action steps of the PFEP.
- Step 1: Northampton Community College (PA)
- Step 2: Houston Community College (TX)
- Step 3: Pierpont Community & Technical College (WV)
- Step 4: Rogue Community College (OR)
- Step 5: Borough of Manhattan CC (NY)
- Step 1: Algonquin College (Canada)
- Step 2: College of DuPage (IL)
- Step 3: Austin Community College (TX)
- Step 4: Wake Technical Community College (NC)
- Step 5: North Iowa Area Community College (IA)
- Step 1: College of San Mateo (CA)
- Step 2: Fayetteville Technical Community College (NC)
- Step 3: Madisonville Community College (KY)
- Step 4: South Mountain Community College (AZ)
- Step 5: Lorain County Community College (OH)
Heather Van Sickle Entrepreneurial College of the Year Award
This award recognizes schools that have demonstrated a strong commitment to entrepreneurship both inside and outside the classroom. They have faculty, students, alumni, community members, business and industry actively involved and successful in their entrepreneurial endeavors. Specifically, this recognition is rooted in the Presidents for Entrepreneurship Pledge (PFEP) that underscores the belief that community and technical colleges are ideally positioned to take the lead in furthering entrepreneurship and supporting local economic development.
- San Diego Continuing Education (CA)
- North Idaho College (ID)
- Hagerstown Community College (MD)
- Los Angeles Southwest College (CA)
- Maricopa Corporate College (AZ)
Entrepreneurial President of the Year Award
This award recognizes presidents who have signed onto the Presidents for Entrepreneurship Pledge (PFEP) and have demonstrated distinguishable and replicable traits of an entrepreneurial mindset in building an entrepreneurial spirit throughout their internal and external campus communities.
- Dr. Paul Dale, President, Paradise Valley Community College (AZ)
- Dr. Penelope Wills, President, Yavapai College (AZ)
- Dr. Ben Dillard, Florence-Darlington Technical College (SC)
- Dr. Chuck Terrell, President, Eastern West Virginia Community & Technical College (WV)
- Dr. Bryan Albrecht, President, Gateway Technical College (WI)
Lifetime Achievement Award
This award is presented to an individual or group that has achieved entrepreneurial success and played a pivotal role in the community through involvement and support of civic activities. This award is chosen by our annual conference host college.
- Dr. Constance Carroll, Chancellor, San Diego Community College District
- David Wilk, President & Co-Founder, Four Day Weekend
- Richard Gonzmart, President, Columbia Restaurant Group
- Mr. Richard Huebner, President, Houston Minority Supplier Development Council