NACCE 2021 Awards
Applications are now closed.
The NACCE 2021 Awards honor and celebrate the entrepreneurial thinkers and doers by providing a platform to be recognized nationally for their importance and achievements to their college and local economy. The awards also shine a spotlight on the role of the community and technical colleges in fostering economic vitality through entrepreneurship in their communities.
The categories this year include:
- Entrepreneurial President of the Year Award
- Heather Van Sickle Entrepreneurial College of the Year Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award - This award is chosen by our host colleges.
- Award nominations will open on June 14, 2021.
- Applications will close July 30, 2021.
- Finalists will be notified in early August.
- Winners will be announced and honored at our 2021 Annual Conference taking place both in Minneapolis, MN and online.
Why should I nominate someone? NACCE Awards are recognized standards of excellence. You’ll gain positive exposure for your college and your commitment to entrepreneurship on campus and in your community. Submitting nominations shows you’re dedicated to entrepreneurship and that you believe in the college. Also, the application process often proves useful in identifying and articulating program strengths and challenges.
Who is eligible to nominate? The awards are for NACCE members only. The nomination criteria ensures that all colleges can be recognized for their work whether they are large or small, urban or rural, so all NACCE members are encouraged to submit nominations. You may nominate more than one applicant in any of the categories.
What are the benefits of winning an award? Winners will be recognized and honored publicly at our 2021 Annual Conference, as well as in the conference program guide, website, press release and quarterly journal.
Entrepreneurial President of the Year Award
Dr. Betty Young, President, Hocking College (OH)
Heather Van Sickle Entrepreneurial College of the Year Award
City College of San Francisco (CA)
Lifetime Achievement Award
Laura Day, Executive Vice President, Chief Business Officer, Minnesota Twins