Student Scholarship Opportunity from Amazon
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) AI & ML Scholarship program, in collaboration with Intel and Udacity, is an AI/ML-focused scholarship program providing 2,500 scholarships annually, as well as a mentorship program, to students that identify as underserved or underrepresented in technology. The program aims to make the future tech workforce more diverse by removing financial barriers, providing training for a career in tech, and offering mentorship support to individuals for job ready skills to break into the tech industry.
In 2019, NACCE partnered with the Amazon Small Business Academy program to fund curriculum development and instruction of digital business courses in community college classrooms around the country. We're excited to share about a new scholarship opportunity for your students and learners.
2,000 students are awarded per year with scholarships for the Udacity AI Programming with Python Nanodegree program (a $4,000 USD value). This four-month collaborative virtual course teaches the foundational skills you need to start a career in AI & ML, with support from Udacity teachers in weekly group sessions. All 2,000 students in the first Nanodegree program will receive monthly mentor events with AWS and Intel experts in the form of panels, fireside chats, and “Ask Me Anything” seminars. Topics range from career development and networking, to promoting diversity and equity in the tech workforce, to technical experience in the field.
Those accepted into the scholarship program will have access to:
- Access to dozens of hours of free training modules and tutorials on the basics of ML and its real-world application through AWS DeepRacer Student
- Gain up to two Udacity nanodegree certificates while completing real-world projects with the most up to date content, co-created with top industry experts
- Access to a supportive community inclusive of AWS and Intel mentoring opportunities and weekly Udacity program mentors and instructor support
500 of the top performing students who receive the highest scores in the first Udacity Nanodegree program will have the chance to earn a second, more advanced Udacity Nanodegree, curated specifically for AWS AI & ML Scholarship recipients. This six-month course combines deep learning and ML engineering Nanodegree concepts to prepare students for technical careers. Participants in the second Nanodegree program will receive a full year of one-on-one mentorship from an AWS or Intel employee who will provide guidance for both coursework and preparing for a career in technology.
How can your student get started?
- Sign up for AWS DeepRacer Student and opt into the scholarship program
- Track your progress to complete prerequisites while you learn, practice, and participate on DeepRacer Student
- Submit your application on Udacity using a unique code you’ll receive upon completion of prerequisites