Agenda | Monday, July 20, 2020
- 12:00 PM ET: Welcome & Intros
- 12:05 PM ET: Planning & Designing a Makerspace | Israel Garza, Manager, IDEAStudio & IDEAS Academy, Dr. Butch Herod, Director, West Houston Institute and Clare Sadnik, Art/Makerspace Faculty, Moorpark College
- Q & A
- 12:40 PM ET: Creating a Makerspace Ecosystem | Ryan Arnold, Director of Regional Entrepreneurial Strategy, North Idaho College
- Q & A
- 1:00 PM ET: Funding your Makerspace & Recommended Tools To Purchase | Dr. Melody Graveen, Dean of Instruction, Career and Technical Education, Moreno Valley College and Mara Hitner, Director of Business Development, MatterHackers
- Q & A
- 1:30 PM ET: Wrap-Up and Closing
This is a paid session.
- 3:00 PM ET: Welcome & Introductions | Leah Loch, Director of Marketing & Communications, NACCE
- 3:05 PM ET: Recap of make/SHIFT | Dr. Rebecca Corbin, President & CEO, NACCE
- 3:15 PM ET: CCC Maker Panel - Where Are They Now? | Ana McClanahan, Dean of STEAM, College of Alameda, Donnell Layne, Director, STEM Innovation Center & Makerspace, Moreno Valley College and Clare Sadnik, Art/Makerspace Faculty, Moorpark College
- 3:35 PM ET: Keynote - The View from Washington, DC: Increasing Student Success, Filling the Skills Gap & Meeting Employer Needs | Jennifer Worth, Senior VP, Workforce & Economic Development, AACC
- 3:55 PM ET: Q&A with Speakers | Leah Loch (Moderator)
- 4:05 PM ET: Closing
This session is free and open to the public.
Grab your favorite beverage and join us for a virtual meet and greet after our kick-off webinar! We know virtual events often lack networking time, so we've built in time each day for small group breakouts. During this session, we will provide a brief activity, question prompts and allow plenty of time for introductions. This will be interactive, so please be ready to turn on your video and audio! The link to join will be sent to everyone who registers for today's webinars.