2019 Pitch for the Trades Winners
During our inaugural Pitch for the Trades competition in 2019, the Philip E. & Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation awarded $75,000 in funds to five colleges in the following areas: Additive Manufacturing, Sustainable Building Construction, Construction Electrician Instruction, Skilled Trades Marketing Campaign and Entrepreneurial Courses Embedded in Cosmetology & Barbering Program. Collectively, these projects served more than 260 students, prepared them for jobs in the skilled trades, provided job readiness and internships, supported the creation of new ventures, leveraged additional funding of $46,500, supported populations at risk, created positive social impact, and increased visibility for community colleges. Congrats to the followings teams and schools for winning funds from the 2019 Pitch for the Trades Competition sponsored by the Philip E. & Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation!
- Harper College (IL) lead, Marie Lapidus - Additive Manufacturing Certificate
- Kauai Community College (HI) lead, Dirk Soma - Sustainable Building Construction Technology
- Rio Salado College (AZ) lead, Richard Cuprak, Jr.-Training Aids for Construction Electrician Instruction in the Men's and Women's Prisons in Maricopa County
- Tarrant Community College (TX) lead, Lourdes Ramboa - Building a Marketing Campaign
- Wake Technical Community College (NC) lead, Katie Gailes - Embedding Entrepreneurial Courses into the Cosmetology/Barbering Program