2019 Student Entrepreneurship Challenge Winners
Congrats to the following teams and schools for placing 1st and 2nd in the Student Entrepreneurship Challenge sponsored by HP Foundation!
- 1st Place: "East TN Tutor Network" Catherine Taylor, Joe Bedford, Jameisha Robinson and Vanya Malmstead from Pellissippi State Community College (Tennessee) - Instructor: Mark Fuentes
- 2nd Place: "Alaka'i Initiative" Meghann Matsuda and Meagan Luoma from Kauai Community College (Hawaii) - Instructor: Dirk Soma
Former Shark Tank competitors served as the judges for the 2019 Student Entrepreneurship Challenge. L-R: Zack Fleishman of Shark Wheel, Shelley Ehler of Show No, Jerry Hancock of SubZero Nitrogen Ice Cream, Dr. Edna Ma of BareEase and Angela Watts of Slyde Handboards
As well, congratulations to the top 3 team from our Online Pitch Competition Round 2 for the Student Entrepreneurship Challenge!
- Luisana & Yolanda – “A Road to Independence” Glendale Community College (California)
- Jeanette, Angela, David & Tabitha – “Kids Tech” Pellissippi State Community College (Tennessee)
- Anthony & Jaritza – “Mentor Connect ED” Borough of Manhattan Community College (New York)
A big thank you to all of the students, faculty and judges that participated in this awesome opportunity!