The Power of Being Heard
Your Voice Matters
Breakouts #5: Tuesday, October 5 | Noon - 1:00 pm CST
Playbook Track | Harriet Ballroom
Dr. Monica Curry, Impacting Squared, is looking forward to seeing you at #NACCE2021! This session will be held live for in-person attendees at the Radisson Blu Mall of America (Bloomington, MN). In preparation for this session, please take 15 - 20 minutes to explore the links below, reflect on the following questions/statements, and come prepared to discuss!
- What is "Racial Gaslighting:” - and Why Is It So Damaging for People of Color
- How to Disagree with Someone More Powerful Than You
- What information resonated with you from the pre-work?
- What questions did this raise for you?
- What are stories anyone wants to share regarding their experience with these situations.
- How can leaders in your institution support you through these experiences?
- What can leaders in your institution do introduce or maintain open safe dialogue?
If you have questions, or are interested in learning more, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!