PreConference Workshops & Certification Opportunities
NACCE 2023 The Beat of Collaboration
FROM PAGE TO STAGE, Engaging Audiences with Your Story and Music
DESCRIPTION: Join us for an extraordinary experience as we bring together two renowned experts in the music industry. Larry Butler, a seasoned music industry veteran, author, and live performance coach, and accomplished million-selling Warner Bros. recording artist and songwriter, Michael Peterson. Together, they will lead an enlightening session that delves into the art of constructing captivating call-to-action narratives through the powerful medium of song.
Whether you are a development professional aiming to elevate your fundraising prowess for your institution, a dedicated teacher, professor, or trainer seeking to equip your students with exceptional pitching skills, or simply an individual with a creative spirit yearning to unleash a dormant song within, this event is tailor-made for you. By attending, you will gain invaluable insights and techniques that can invigorate your ability to engage any audience effectively.
Don't miss out on this exceptional opportunity to learn from these accomplished experts and unlock your potential. Be sure to secure your spot at this preconference event.
- Introduction to songwriting
- Collaborating with A.I. as your songwriting partner – Audience Participation please bring laptop or cell phone.
- Introduction to stage performance for singers/songwriters/entertainers
- Write and deliver your story – Audience Participation
REGISTRATION FEE: $150.00
TIME: 1:00 P.M.—4:00 P.M., Central Time, Sunday October 29, 2023
AVAILABLE SEATS: 30
EMP Certification Training
Entrepreneurial Mindset Profile® (EMP)
NACCE is excited to partner with the Entrepreneurial Mindset Profile® (EMP) to offer a unique opportunity to our members to complete EMP Certification training and become EMP Certified Practitioners.
- Workshop Leader: Maggie Dunn
- Workshop Facilitator: Debra Conrad
DESCRIPTION: The Entrepreneurial Mindset Profile® (EMP) is a cutting-edge online assessment based on extensive research into the traits, motivations and skills of entrepreneurs. The EMP feedback report provides scores on 14 discrete scales falling within two broad domains: seven of the scales assess cognitive and behavioral skills critical to entrepreneurial success, and the other seven assess personality characteristics that have been found to distinguish entrepreneurs from non-entrepreneurs.
The EMP Certification Workshop gives higher education professionals (credit and non-credit educators, college leadership and staff and advancement officers/foundation leaders) a thorough understanding of the EMP’s development, reliability, validity, interpretation and application so that they can leverage this valuable assessment tool for myriad purposes including:
- Help faculty to provide students with a better understanding of the concept of entrepreneurial mindset as well as their own unique profiles
- Develop entrepreneurial competencies that can make students more competitive in the future of work
- Incorporate the EMP into curriculum, entrepreneurship center programs and research to advance the science of entrepreneurship
- Provide college leaders with the ability to use the EMP for internal professional development so that college staff can discover and leverage areas of strength to develop new programs and services
- Allow workforce and continuing education professionals to offer the EMP as a tool for engaging with the community at large
- Give foundation leaders and advancement officers the opportunity to use the EMP to engage with potential and existing donors
Participants in this certification will
- Receive the designation of “EMP Certified Practitioner” and be eligible to purchase and use the EMP-Individual assessment and EMP Group Report with students, clients, staff, etc.
- Gain access to the EMP Development Guide, a resource with tips for improvement that accompanies the EMP Feedback Report (results)
- Join a community of more than 600 EMP Certified Practitioners in 39 countries already using the EMP in 200+ colleges and universities
CERTIFICATION & REGISTRATION FEE: $400
- As a bonus to NACCE attendees, participants will receive a FREE EMP Group Report upon completing certification.
- Required pre-workshop assignments, including taking the EMP, will be emailed following paid registration.
- Pre-work required before the conference
- No registrations accepted onsite
- Registration closes on September 29 at 5:00 p.m. PST--providing three weeks for pre-work completion.
- Registration fee must be paid in full prior to receiving assignments & attending session on Sunday.
TIME: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Central Time, Sunday, October 29th
AVAILABLE SEATS: 24
For more information: Video about the EMP emindsetprofile.com/certification firstname.lastname@example.org